Justin and Tamara- I had to "steal" this picture from Tamara's MySpace page.On to the post: As expected, the boys have become little fish this summer. They love to swim, and cry when it's time to go. One good side effect is that swimming tires them out. The other day Houston came inside, crawled in the bed, and went to sleep. That kind of thing, never happens! I had some great pics of the boys swimming at my grandpa's pool, but unfortunately, my fiance' accidentally deleted them. The pictures below are courtesy of my good friend, Anna Till.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Today is my baby brother's 23rd birthday. Most people know Justin as "Twenty-two" which has been his nickname since high school due to the number on his football jersey. The twins simply call him "Two-two" which I think is "too too cute"! Ironically Justin spent his 22nd birthday in Iraq while on a 15 month deployment last year. We are so thankful to have him home this year safe and sound. Even though Justin is the youngest of the Clark kids, his popularity and reputation have always proceeded all of us. As a matter of fact, John and I were always known as 22's brother and sister. He was and still is a fabulous athlete. He was a star under the Friday night ligths at SHS, and my fourth grade students to this day treat him like someone famous when he comes to visit my classroom. Dave and I look forward to having him as a neighbor when our house is completed. Dave really enjoys hanging out at Jus's bathelor pad. He's a great little brother, and I love him so much!! Because I think a post is not complete without pictures, enjoy the photos below. I don't know why, but I have no photos of Justin and his beautiful girlfriend Tamara together.
Happy birthday Jus from your sissy!
It's got A LOT of miles on it!
Posted by Dave and Mandi at 7:00 AM
Thursday, June 19, 2008
If your homepage is MSN like ours, you may have noticed this article today. I thought it was good enough to share with my blog friends. I especially like #9. Dave's gonna be getting kisses from me EVERY morning when we get married:)
- Two out of every three couples turn their heads to the right when they kiss.
- A simple peck uses two muscles; a passionate kiss, on the other hand, uses all 34 muscles in your face. Now that’s a rigorous workout!
- Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two lip impressions are alike.
- Kissing is good for what ails you. Research shows that the act of smooching improves our skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and can even relieve headaches.
- The average person spends 336 hours of his or her life kissing.
- Ever wonder how an “X” came to represent a kiss? Starting in the Middle Ages, people who could not read used an X as a signature. They would kiss this mark as a sign of sincerity. Eventually, the X came to represent the kiss itself.
- Talk about a rush! Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running.
- The average woman kisses 29 men before she gets married.
- Men who kiss their partners before leaving for work average higher incomes than those who don’t.
- The longest kiss in movie history was between Jane Wyman and Regis Tommey in the 1941 film, You’re in the Army Now. It lasted 3 minutes and 5 seconds. So if you’ve beaten that record, it’s time to celebrate!
Posted by Dave and Mandi at 9:16 AM
Thursday, June 12, 2008
When Dave called me this morning and wanted me to look at some cakes online, I should have known better.
I guess they looked pretty yummy to the boys, because as soon as they saw these pics they put in for some cake. Dylon kept saying, "Want some cake Mimi?" So after lunch he and I made key lime cupcakes together. Matt Dylon is quite the little chef as you can see in these photos.
Posted by Dave and Mandi at 12:40 PM
Monday, June 9, 2008
Dave and I got a real treat on Friday night. Our best friends JW and Marrianne invited us to spend their 10th anniversary with them by going to Bama Jam in Enterprise. We had a blast!! I am already anticipating next year's concerts. We got to see several singers including Trace Adkins and ZZ Top! The entire event took place in a gigantic hay field. Marrianne told me that it was the largest outdoor concert since Woodstock. Next year, I'm sure it will be even bigger and better. Since Jay's company was a sponsor of Bama Jam, he had VIP tickets. This meant we got great parking, free food, and special seating at the concert. We all felt like "very important people!" Thanks for inviting us Jay and Merr Merr! We had a fabulous time with y'all and with ole Chuck!
I always try to color-coordinate our outfits. Isn't that crazy?
Posted by Dave and Mandi at 12:15 AM